Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cheeseburger Bonanza!!!!


Out of boredom, and lack of any other good ideas to blog about, I have decided to rate cheeseburgers. I did a little research (i.e. Wikipedia) and found some background info on the cheeseburger. This is what I learned, "a cheeseburger is a hamburger accompanied with cheese". Now we know. The birth of the first cheeseburger is still debatable, however my sources (Wikipedia) claim the first may have been made in Pasadena, CA, by a sixteen year old kid, in 1924. This marvelous stroke of luck occurred when the boy, helping in his father's restaurant dropped a slice of American cheese on a sizzling hamburger. Viola! (There was also some information about the cheese making the nutritional value of the hamburger substantially worse, but it seemed like a downer on an otherwise upbeat blog post, so I decided not to mention it. Uh oh.)

Back to the meat (pun intended) of my post, I will be rating cheeseburgers from various locals, as well as posting pictures. I have no real plan or any specific restaurants preselected, so if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know. I intend to use the traditional grading scale of A+ to F-, and I will be trying to rate just the burgers themselves, but may be influenced by service and other factors (i.e. good fries) because I am only human, but I will do my best to remain true to the task.
So stay tuned for Cheeseburger Bonanza posts!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for me its better to be more realistic.

Brunoswims said...

Oh, Free online lottery, when will the people learn?

Anonymous said...

Hey - Kathy (Corrie's friend) here.
We like the burgers at Dannys (72nd & Blondo) and Darios (Dundee - 50th & Underwood). Very different from each other but both good. And if you haven't been - Darios has a HUGE list of all Belgian beers. yummmy...

justin said...

Looking forward to many tasty posts to come. Per your and brian's suggestion, I located my old salt and vinegar chip pics. Unfortunately my old website has been wiped clean from yahoo's memory banks - so i guess i'll have to come up with new ratings.

Anonymous said...

How the cheeseburger came to be reminds me a lot of how the Reese's Peanut Butter cup came to be. But of course, the boy who dropped the cheese has no response to the obvious remark from his father.

Brunoswims said...

Thanks for the tip Kathy! I will add them to my List.