Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cheeseburger Bonanza!!!!

Wow! We just started today and I already have a cheeseburger review!! Rest assured I am not that highly motivated. The truth is I had conceived this idea a month ago and I'm now just getting around to posting some reviews, so here is the first!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I present to you the Lazlo's cheeseburger! Lazlo's Brewery and Grill is a restaurant in the Haymarket area of Lincoln, NE, and is also the home of Empyrean Ales.

Overall Rating: A-

Pros:
This was a great burger. Nice and juicy, good quality meats, cheddar cheese with a nice melt/spread to it, grilled just like I like it, medium. It also came with a secret sauce which can best be described as a tangy, garlicky cream sauce (my best guess) which was quite tasty, but not overpowering. Lettuce, tomatoes and onion were included and the bun was slightly toasted on the insides. Woohoo!

Cons: The tomato slices I got were the end slices which don't tend to be as juicy as a nice middle slice, and I think they change the texture of the burger.

Footnote: Big 23 oz. Empyrean brews available to quench your palette between burger bites, and the fries were pretty damn good too!

6 comments:

justin said...

Now I know I was there, but am having trouble remembering, was the garlic sauce on the burger? Did you put ketchup / mustard on the burger or was that included?
Good info, it looked like a tastey burger with nice buns! Sometimes it's all about the buns.

Brunoswims said...

Justin,
The garlic sauce was already on the burger, but I did put ketchup and mustard on it as well cause that's my thing. We also had those good side sauces we dipped our fries and wings in, but I did not mention them since they did not go on the burger. The buns were nice!

justin said...

As you guessed I was wondering if the garlic sauce was the same / different from the fry sauce, which were also very good.

So here are some questions I have regarding your evaluation process. What would you consider to be traditional condiments for a cheeseburger? ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomato, onion, lettuce, mayonaise???? If mayonaise makes the list - would Lazlo's garlic sauce be considered a substitute for / modification of mayonaise or would it be a whole different condiment? How do you take varying condiments into consideration when comparing cheeseburgers or is each cheeseburger evaluated solely on it's own merit? Feel free to tell me to shut up at anytime.

Brunoswims said...

Justin,

I am basically just rating the cheeseburger by what it comes with on it. I will probably not be judging the ketchup and mustard, because I don't think they will vary. Unless someplace puts homemade ketchup on their cheeseburgers or something. So to clarify, basically I go into a restaurant, order the menu item that says "cheeseburger", and judge it from there. I am making it a point not to order bacon cheeseburgers, or BBQ cheeseburgers etc., just the straight up "cheeseburger" from the menu and then I rate that.

justin said...

Cool - looking forward to more "Cheeseburger Bonanza!!!!" to come!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Great review.