Monday, July 07, 2008

Cheeseburger Bonanza!!!!


I present to you the Village Inn cheeseburger. I had this burger while dining at the Village Inn on 36th and 370 in Bellevue, NE.

Overall Rating: C+

Pros:
A slightly above average burger. It came with American cheese, tomato, lettuce, red onion, pickles and a pretty good kaiser bun. Good cheese spread/melt. Good size patty.

Cons: They did not ask me how I wanted the meat cooked. I tend to like mine with just a little pink, the one I got was definitely brown all the way through ( Although, there was no serious lack of juiciness ). Also they served it with the top already on the bottom (see picture), so the top was stuck to the melted cheese when I had to open it to put on the vegies! Why would they do this?

Footnote: This was your average cheeseburger, but the kaiser bun was a nice touch, so I thought that put it a little above average. I had it with the standard ketchup and mustard added. I liked the fries.

5 comments:

justin said...

Good to know.... I'm not sure if I've ever gotten anything other than breakfast foods for breakfast / lunch / dinner at VI. Now I know that I've made the right choice.

Brunoswims said...

Still, it was above average. Just not as good as some of the great one's I have had. Plus, VI really is best for breakfast foods.

Anonymous said...

Since you are looking for places to find a good cheeseburger, I have a few recommendations. Fudrucker's is always good as well and I would be interested to see how Cheeseburger in Paradise lives up to their name. I myself was not impressed. Although they have tasty drinks.

Anonymous said...

"Why would they do this?" Hillarious.

Anonymous said...

Don & Millies has great burgers, i think there is still one in Omaha...

The Pantry in Lincoln is an old-people restaurant, but their burgers are great, the rest of the menu is ok...

The Bowling Alley on 48th and Van Dorn has good burgers too, really juicy/greasy, just like a bowling alley burger should be...